Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My genius, let me share it...

Hot baths are one of my most favorite things in the world. I take at least 2 a day on an average day, but it can creep up from there if the day is bad or if I'm feeling cold or fussy. I don't do bubble baths though. I don't really understand the point of them. They just keep foaming and that bath starts overflowing with bubbles before you ever get enough hot water to relax in. Not for me. Just hand me a good book or magazine, throw in a couple drops of some lavender essential oils, and I am golden. Yeah, I know. I'm such a girl.

The reason I tell you this is because I had a moment of enlightenment. Of all the baths I've taken in all the years of my life, this idea has never once come to me. While I was letting the water heat up, I ran into the kitchen to get a glass of water. This is when I realized how hungry I was and saw the box of Rice Squares (generic Rice Chex). Ooooh, a bowl of cereal sounds super yummy. But wait, I don't have time to eat a bowl of cereal. By the time I'm finished, the bath water will be all room temp and that's not even what bath time is about. LIGHTBULB!!! What if I eat the bowl of cereal while I'm IN the tub???

Oh yeah. I totally ate my rice squares in the tub. Best. Bath. Ever.

No comments: