Monday, December 29, 2008

Fan-flipping-tastic!!!

My rule is never pay full price for anything. I am a champ when it comes to bargain hunting, and it thrills me so completely when I find a great deal. I LOVE to read, but because of this full price rule, I very rarely am able to buy books because it seems ridiculous to me to pay $14 for a book I will most likely only read once. Plus what if it’s stupid? Then I’m out time and money, and that’s just not worth it to me.

There is a discount bookstore near my apartment that I’ve been to a few times and gotten really, really great deals on books. Problem is, it’s only open for a few months, and then they close and move it to another location. The selection is also very random so you have to really look around to find something that interests you. I went in a couple days ago and saw that they were closing Dec 28 so everything was marked down. $4 hardbacks and $2 paperbacks. SWEEET! Walked out with 3 new books.

Today was their final day, and I went over there with my mom so she could look for some curriculum book. Every single book in the store was a DOLLAR!!!! ONE DOLLAR!!! You guys, I think I blacked out for a second. Yes, I am that nerd who gets that excited about books. I bought 8 of them. I just couldn’t quit. Every time I thought I had enough, I’d see one more. Doesn’t matter though because I only spent $8.66. Yeah baby!

No comments: