Monday, December 29, 2008

Gumbo...

So we’ve kind of got a lot to cover. This whole no internet thing at home thing is getting old really fast. How am I supposed to share my random thoughts at the very moment they strike if I do not have immediate access to you? It’s a shame, I know.

Anyway, I’m going to number so that I stay on track. Actually, I think I’ll bullet. I say it’s to stay on track, but really it’s because I love to use bullets. Oh dang. I’m typing this on Word to post later, and I’m pretty sure Microsoft bullets do not translate to blogging codes or formats or whatever. Boo on that. So back to numbers we will go… (This entire paragraph is a perfect preview to the randomness that is to follow)

1. Did you guys see the Biggest Loser Finale like 100 weeks ago? Yeah, it was awesome, and my girl Michelle won. It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly different these people look after they lose all this weight. Completely unrecognizable. Makes me wonder what I would look like by losing 50% of my body weight. Probably a little scary and skeletal, but still…I wouldn’t mind punching out my old “before” pic and walking out. That’d be fun. And for those of you who saw it, did you notice how every one of those girls just about broke their necks trying to walk in their high heels? That was sad to me. They were so heavy before that they probably couldn’t walk in heels. If this is the case, theen 4 inch stilettos is probably not the best place to start, but hey, I admire that sort of confidence. That alone is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

2. Speaking of Biggest Loser, what the heck is up with fast food drive thrus NEVER getting your order right??? Like ever. Cheeseburger, fries, coke. I don’t understand how this is hard. And although I’ve never heard an order from the receiving end of a fast food order speaker, I am confident that LARGE and MEDIUM do not sound alike. Also, I don’t fully understand how no tomatoes translates to no cheese. As much as I try, I cannot work this out in my head.

3. I think “reputable” is the most awesome word. Say it out loud. It’s fun huh? Now say “inevitable.” Awesome right? Now say “table.” Isn’t it interesting how that one is not fun at all? Poor table. No fun without the other letters.

4. What is it about my head that is so appealing to Pomeranians at 6:00 in the morning? I am at a loss.

5. My downstairs neighbor’s got surround sound. The best part? They like to wait until 10 pm to use it. Nothing better than a shaking floor to help you relax. I’m not quite sure what proper apartment etiquette is in a situation like this. I figured the grown up thing to do would be to go downstairs, knock on their door, and ask them politely to turn it down a notch or two. Yeah, whatever. I’m totally in my pajamas and not even about to walk down a flight of stairs in 40 degree weather to tell someone they’re bothering me. So instead, I politely stomped on the floor a little. Nothing dramatic, but just enough to make them wonder “is she walking loud or is she telling us to shush?” Guess what? They turned it down.

No comments: