Monday, October 6, 2008

Princess Grace

So I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. I have pretty substantial hearing loss and really, really bad ears so my balance is completely off. I'm fairly certain this is the sole reason I fall out of chairs in the middle of my office (true story) or can't hold my keys for more than 5 seconds without dropping them 10 times in a row. I can't help it. It's the ears.

Over the weekend, Shara and I were discussing Mary Kay compacts and how completely fantastic they are. For those of you unfamiliar with a Mary Kay compact, there are several little sections where you can just snap in your favorite colors. When you run out of one, you just push the little button on the back, empty color tray pops out, and in goes the new one. This way you don't have to repurchase the compact every time you run out of a color (รก la Clinique). I pull my compact out so we could compare colors in our matching Mary Kay compacts, and I realized that I have what I believe to be Moonstone. It just so happens that my mom was considering ordering Moonstone. This is quite an exciting moment for me (I don't really know why, except that we were just talking about Moonstone yesterday, and omg, I totally already have it). I try to pop out the little color so I can read the name on the back of it. Yeah well, apparently I popped it too hard. The whole compact starts flipping around and wobbling in my hands, and Moonstone goes sailing through the air, landing where? Right in the toilet. Sigh. Poor Moonstone. Another unsuspecting cosmetic lost to the sea at the hands of my amazing grace.

Okay so granted, I have no idea what my bad ears and lack of sufficient equilibrium has to do with me dropping makeup in the toilet. But it definitely explains the chair thing.

No comments: