Friday, January 8, 2010

Quote of the Day...

Did y'all see the article about the parents who were arrested for giving their kids tattoos at home?  Apparently, these two tatted up parents thought it would be an okay idea to give six of their kids (all under the age of 18 mind you) tattoos from a homemade tattoo gun.  I will say that again. HOMEMADE tattoo gun.  Are you following me here?  According to the article, they used "electrical cord, spliced wiring, and a guitar string for a needle."  ACK!  Guitar string?!  Okay, here's the thing.  I have seen a zillion guitar strings, and probably as many tattoos, but I have never (NEVER!) put the two together.  Ever.  How do you even get there, is what I want to know? 

PARENTING AWARD WINNER #1:  Baby, I been thinking.  Know what our kids need? 

PARENTING AWARD WINNER #2:  What's that baby?

PAW#1: Tats

PAW#2:  Best idea you've had since you served ham for breakfast! (ed. note: which should've been the first red flag.  Ham? Is ALWAYS wrong.  It just is.)  Too bad we don't have a tattoo gun.

PAW#1:  Aw heck, we can make one of them.  Go look in that box of stuff your brother dropped off.  I'm sure there's something in there we can use.

You know, every now and then, I get to thinking that maybe there should be tighter restrictions on google searches.  I'm just throwing that out there. If this is not an argument for that, then I don't know what is.  I want to know (or maybe I don't) what they used for ink.

Because "tattooing childen is illegal in Georgia," (I'll bet that's something you never thought you'd read) the kids were temporarily removed from their parents.  At which point, Mama Tat had this to say:

"If I'm such a bad parent, then how come they brought the kids back right after I got out jail?"

Well.  There you have it.  Can't argue with that logic.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

OHMYGOD! THAT was her argument? Like, "How bad a parent could I really be?"

How much time have you got??

Gee...what do you think the odds are that these "parents" tried their home invention on themselves first??