Friday, January 8, 2010

Behold the awesome...

In case I've not mentioned it before, I come from quite a musical family.  I grew up to the sounds of my dad's acoustic strumming away in the background of our everyday life.  My brother turned out to be a natural talent as well and has been part of a few bands.  Once we moved to Austin, my dad joined a band as well and now rocks the rhythm guitar for an awesome local band.  Several extended family members play guitars, drums, etc. so family functions are known to include spontaneous jam sessions.  It is absolutey fantastic, and I owe my complete obsession and need for music to being surrounded by it my whole life.  Now, granted, the talent apple skipped this particular branch altogether, but I can certainly appreciate other people's talent.

Anyway, I tell you all this because I thought you might like a vid of my dad and bro jamming on Christmas.  I know I'm a little biased, but I think it's really great.  Makes me happy every time I watch it.  I don't think I need to point out who is who. :)  Behold:

2 comments:

kathryn said...

See...you can't see me...but I'm swaying in my chair....singing along...and then rhythmically swaying back and forth with my cellphone lit. (Modern day version of the big-lighter light)

Fantastic! You're right...they are amazing!

Paul Wynn said...

A family of music is a family in sync harmony... that's really cool